Saturday, August 3, 2013

Blog Neglect at its Worst!

Once again I have been adhering to my own bad advice.  'Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow'.  

I will blog tomorrow.  Gather photos...think of something clever to say...share what I am working on...share life's happenings....you get the idea right?  Well it has been almost 5 months since I last shared here so let me sum up.

Loads of dolls have been made and shipped.  
Middle child graduated from boot camp.  
Oldest and youngest daughters (who had shared a home for a year) made some changes in their living arrangements.  
I bribed oldest to move home for a year. (reason will be explained in a moment)
Youngest rented an apartment from her employer.
My Mr. Capt. Hamby went to training for his new job as an Operations Chief with Military Sealift Command (They provide Naval support)
Said Capt. Hamby will be gone for many months at a time.  Whaaaaaaaa!
Said oldest daughter moved home so dearest mother (me) doesn't have to live alone for the first time in her life.  
Capt. Hamby is in Singapore today to start his new post on the USNS Amelia Earhart.


I am working through my customs list and planning some fun and interesting new dolls.  New body types, new clothing.  I am thrilled to share a logo that my oldest is working on.  
The first series of dolls is called The Magpie Girls.


More about The Magpie Girls will be revealed in the next month or so.   Once I have these girls well on their way I will start work on the boy series.  They are The Knuckleheads.  Pretty exciting stuff for me.






7 comments:

Happy Mami said...

Love the update, Miss Barrie. Good to know your eldest is with you and Luca.

Can't wait to see your new creations.

xoxox

Take care.

rosemary said...

Ohh little girls and little boy dolls! I can't wait to see! <3

Emily C said...

Very cute girl. We all post when we want/need too. My blog gets updated randomly. I don't really like the posting-for-the-sake-of-posting, or the posting-every-time-i-add-a-square-posting. I post when I have something to show, so I may post before I finish quilting.. or not.

Janet said...

I love your postings...I personally enjoy updates or funny stuff...even mundane stuff..
...It's a way to infuse your life into ours as if we were next door neighbors.

I should blog about life in my Nutshell...or my nuthouse...lol

Bee sweet!

Anonymous said...

Berrie, I was wondering about the wool felt flower crown in your flickr stream. Do you sell kits to make those? Please let me know, I am interested in one for my almost 2 year old princess. Thanks! Melissa nicholsfamily1994 at myfairpoint dot net

Unknown said...

Love it~~`

Katherine said...

Oh! I think I am going to be in need of a Knucklehead for my Knucklehead here ;) Can't wait to see them!